The Calls for Performance and Film are open from February 1 to March 31.
The Call for Art for Visual, Literary, Installation, and Store art are closed.
Fees, General Guidelines
$30 for visual, installation, and store artists
$20 for literary artists
No fee for video/short film or performing artists
No fee to apply if you are an artist living outside of North America
Payment of a fee covers all works submitted for a category, up to the maximum allowed. E.g., paying the fee for visual art allows you to submit up to 5 art works, and paying the fee for literary art allows you to submit up to 5 literary works.
Festival Store Fees
If you have paid a fee to submit visual, literary, and/or installation art, then you can submit work to the Festival Store for free. Store submission fees are waived for artists who reside outside North America. For all other instances, the fee is $30 to submit to the Store.
Visual Art: up to five (5) pieces may be submitted of any medium. Sculptors, multimedia artists and painters are particularly encouraged to apply.
Short Film: up to three (3) short films or videos may be submitted. Each submission may be up to 30 minutes in length.
Installation Art: up to three (3) interactive installation proposals may be submitted. Proposals are introductory descriptions of your piece in as much detail as possible. Installations can be submitted as ideas, and need not be completed work at the time of submission. Some grant funding is available for installation ideas. Attachments and photos concerning an installation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Literary Art: up to five (5) literary pieces may be submitted — poems (up to 2 pages single-spaced), short stories (up to 1500 words, 7 pages double-spaced) and one-act plays or scripts (up to 15 pages including scene setup).
Performance Art: performers 18 years old or older may submit for consideration for roaming and interactive performances, staged performance, and experimental interactive projects.
Store Art: all artists 18 years old or older may submit items such as books, jewelry, cards, collectibles, etc. for consideration by the Festival Store. Artists may submit up to 20 items to the Store, in quantities from 1 to 50 per item.
Be sure to have all of your information entered in our system on time and correctly as you will not be able to make changes to your entry once the Call for Art closes.
• Artists do not need to attend the Festival to be accepted
• Artists who reside outside North America and invited artists, do not pay a submission fee
• Artists may submit for as many Calls for Art as they wish, but note that each Call for Art has distinct requirements and may have additional submission fees
• Artists may submit work only of their own creation
• Art previously exhibited at the Festival will not be considered for the exhibition but may be considered for the Festival Store
• Only electronic entries submitted via our online entry system will be accepted. Paper, email, CD, and all other forms of entry will be discarded. Absolutely do not send us original art as your entry; this will automatically disqualify you and we will not return your art
• Images must be submitted in JPEG format, no smaller than 500K and no larger than 5MB in size (in pixels, the optimum resolution would be at least 1000 pixels on the longest side. This is typically about 1MB in size.) Low resolution images will be fuzzy and will not give our jury a fair sense of your work
• Any image with a watermark that obscures the image or identifies the artist will be rejected
• Unfinished art or “works in progress” will not be considered by the jury (with the exception of installation art and performance proposals)
• Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be considered after the close of a Call for Art
• Submissions may be edited up until their Call for Art closes
• After the jury review, accepted artists may make updates to details about their works via our Artist Liaison
• Our system accepts up to three detail images for 3D art submissions
• Substitutions are not allowed; the art submitted must be exactly the same as any accepted, delivered art
• Artists must provide a price for each submitted piece
• Artists may use a pseudonym or professional name; legal name will be kept confidential. Please be clear during the submission process about which name is to be used publicly. The “Professional Names” you have given us will be publicly viewable in the Exhibition and in related promotions
• Submission fees are non-refundable
• Tickets and passes are non-transferable
• All artists and any models depicted in art must be 18 years old or older as of March 22, 2014
• All accepted artists who use models in photographs will be required to submit a Models Age Certification form. The completed form must be delivered with the art. The Festival will keep this information on file to comply with United States Code, Title 18, Section 2257
• For all accepted, invited, and Store art sold during or as a direct result of the Festival, the Festival receives a 40% commission fee
• The Festival reserves the right to refuse to hang any piece of art delivered