Literary Art at Seattle Erotic Art Festival
Created in 2009 to highlight writing as an important art form, the Literary Art Exhibition was the first of its kind at any erotic art festival, featuring work from poets, playwrights and authors from across the country.
Selected poems, stories and plays are exhibited through live readings and on the printed page in a luxurious environment to thousands of patrons during the Festival.
Learn more about our literary art highlights for 2012.
2012 Literary Art Exhibition
- Agnese Trocchi, The Doll, Short Story
- Alison Peacock, Boiling Point, Poem
- Alison Peacock, Morning Would, Poem
- Alison Peacock, Sexcake, Poem
- Andrea Joyce , Red, Short Story
- Ann Keeling, Last Time, Short Story
- Ann Keeling, The Package, Short Story
- C.C. Havens, Holding My Own, Short Story
- Diana Blue, Learning Her Tongue, Poem
- Diana Blue, Lemon Tart, Poem
- Diana Blue, Night Sounds, Poem
- Diana Blue, Virgin Sestina, Poem
- Dorothy Freed, Plaster Orgasm, Short Story
- Edwina Finefrock, Between the Incongruities, Poem
- Edwina Finefrock, Fidgety, Poem
- Evoë Thorne, Deep in the Night, Short Story
- Gina Marceau, Bewitched, Poem
- Gina Marceau, Ecstatic Death, Poem
- Gina Marceau, Fucking Alliteration, Poem
- Gina Marceau, My Religion, Poem
- Gina Marie, Big Red Sun, Short Story
- Gina Marie, Perfect John, Short Story
- Gina Marie, Recipe for Man, Poem
- Indie Fontaigne, Screw Me Dance, Poem
- Jacque Zyon, Fire, Poem
- Jacque Zyon, Letter to a Feminist Lover, Poem
- Jaime B. Williams, An Ode to a Slut, Poem
- Jaime B. Williams, Heads or Tails, Poem
- Jaime B. Williams, May Pole, Poem
- Jeremy Halinen, Point of View, Poem
- Jeremy Halinen, Raw Honey in Hand, Poem
- Josef Noel, The Marquis and the Writer, Short Story
- Lydia Swartz, Another Letter Not to Send, Short Story
- Lydia Swartz, Epithalamium, Poem
- Lydia Swartz, Firefighter, Poem
- Lydia Swartz, Passive Aggressive Pity Party Porn, Poem
- Marie Freulon, Boudoir, Poem
- Marie Freulon, Chalk, Poem
- Mark Mizrahi, Erosion, Poem
- Mark Mizrahi, The Art of Shaving, Poem
- Mikal Rhyian, After Words, Poem
- Mikal Rhyian, Coax a Storm, Poem
- Mikal Rhyian, Ecstasy Suite, Poem
- Mikal Rhyian, Mouthful, Poem
- Noelle Smithhart, Ode to the Penis, Poem
- Odette Odile, Confession, Short Story
- Odette Odile, My Needle Surfaces, Poem
- Beatrix Moersch, Cravings, Poem
- Terry L. Johnson, Watching, Poem
- Thomas Kite, Sticky Lumens, Poem
Categories of Literary Art in the Festival
- Poetry: All forms no more than 2 pages, single-spaced
- Short stories: Up to 1,500 words, 7 pages, double-spaced
- Short one-act plays or scripts: Up to 15 pages including scene setup
These jury-selected works are presented on paper and in intimate readings, like story time for grown-ups. (A nice reminder that sometimes, the most intimate thing you can do is simply listen.)
2012 Literary Art Exhibition Selection Jury
- Priya—Priya has had work on a Dublin lamppost and in Seattle buses and City Council meetings. Publications include The Nervous Breakdown, qarrtsiluni, and Pontoon 7. Performances include Bumbershoot, Bart Baxter, and Band of Poets. Priya has been poetry editor and lead cross-genre editor for The Pitkin Review, and was a semi-finalist in the Summer Literary Seminars Contest. Emergency Press chose her book as a 2011 contest finalist. Priya’s work has been formally rejected three times in the past two weeks. Since 2009, Priya received 2nd place in Seattle Erotic Art Festival’s Literary Exhibition and participated in the Festival’s Poets’ Favorites Art Tour. She is happy to be a part of the Festival for a third year.
- David L. Jones—David L. Jones performs with the Floating Mountain Poetry troupe in Seattle, WA (www.floatingmountainpoets.com). He has been featured at open mics in the surrounding area. He has been a featured reader at Seattle Erotic Art Festival for several years. In the recent past he performed extensively with Little Red Studio where he was a long time member.
- Evan J. Peterson—Evan J. Peterson is a poet and fiction writer who performs his work frequently in Seattle and beyond. He is also a columnist for SmallDoggiesMagazine.com, a book reviewer for TheRumpus.net, and editor of the Zine Archive & Publishing Project’s review, ZiReZi. Recent and forthcoming writing may be found in Weird Tales, Assaracus, Lo-Ball, Court Green, Gay City Anthology 4: On Second Glance, and Aim for the Head: An Anthology of Zombie Poetry.
- Kyle Jones—Kyle Jones is a writer, a gender rebel, and most definitely the guy your mother warned you about. A published writer of erotic fiction and previous Seattle Erotic Art Festival literary artist, Jones shares observations about sex, love and parenting from outside the gender binary on their blog, Butchtastic. Jones is also active in the community, volunteering with a local queer youth support organization, and offering education on gender binary non-conforming identities to local and national organizations.
- Kerry Cox—Kerry Cox is a Seattle poet who spent 7 years in New Orleans writing and performing poetry. Her poems have been published in Journeys, online whispers & [Shouts], origami condom, On the Cusp and received Honorable Mention in Anthology magazine’s annual poetry contest. She has self-published three books: Rainbow Karma, A Month of Sundays, and Imagined Histories. An aspiring poetry therapist, she has also facilitated several workshops and writing groups using poetry as a healing tool. As a troupe member of Little Red Studio in Seattle, she was responsible for the preparation and production of the poetry set for each show and hosted the weekly open mic. Kerry has also read her original poetry as sacred text for the monthly SoulSong Services at Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Church. She is currently serving as Literary Art Director for the Seattle Erotic Art Festival.
It’s sexy story time for grown-ups.
An anthology of works from the 2012 Literary Art Exhibition is available for purchase via Lulu. Just click the image above to purchase.
An anthology of works from the 2011 Literary Art Exhibition is available for purchase via Lulu. Just click the image above to purchase.
Festival Literary Art Director