Literary Art at Seattle Erotic Art Festival
Created in 2009 to highlight writing as an important art form, the Literary Art Exhibition was the first of its kind at any erotic art festival, featuring work from poets, playwrights and authors from across the country.
Selected poems, stories and plays are exhibited through live readings and on the printed page in a luxurious environment to thousands of patrons during the Festival.
Learn more about our literary art highlights for 2012.
2013 Literary Art Exhibition
- The Literary Art selections for the 2013 Seattle Erotic Festival are as follows:
- Bitten by Elijah Kane
- Blood Flow by Alison Peacock
- Bonobos by Lydia Swartz
- Cell Division by Isis Zystrid
- Crackle by Tarot Tamara
- Fibonacci Ass Rape by Lydia Swartz
- Haiku Threesome by Travis F. Smith
- His Place by C. L. Belle
- Hum Drum Yum Yum by Indie Fontaigne
- Hunger by C. L. Belle
- Just Ask Reubens by KDN
- Kitchen Man by Indie Fontaigne
- Lunch by Indie Fontaigne
- Microtonal-sex by Lydia Swartz
- More by Lydia Swartz
- On a Book by Diana Blue
- Racing You for Loneliness by M. Johnson
- Regret-Me-Not by Diana Blue
- Relaxed by Tracy Lee
- Ripe by Alison Peacock
- River to Ocean by The Urban Poetess
- Shame by C. L. Belle
- She is… by Sarah Martinez
- Splash! by KDN
- That Fucktrumpet Politician by Isis Zystrid
- The Many Personalities of My Pussy by The Urban Poetess
- The Sounds of a Woman by The Urban Poetess
- Touch Me a River by Tracy Lee
- Urophilia by Tom Nivison
- Vidi Vici Veni by Tom Nivison
- What I Wanted to Say by Tracy Lee
- Words by C. L. Belle
- Breaking Protocol by Annie Black
- I Was in the Middle of Something by Ruby Madden
- Incest is Best by Pleasure
- La Reve by Visionaria
- Massage in a Bottle by Pleasure
- Menage-a-trois by Lydia Swartz
- Midnight Showers by Josef Abrams
- Pleasures of a Winter’s Night by Visionaria
- Taken by Josef Abrams
- The Cabin by Indie Fontaigne
- White Room by Annie Black
- Window Into Heat by Diana Blue
Categories of Literary Art in the Festival
- Poetry: All forms no more than 2 pages, single-spaced
- Short stories: Up to 1,500 words, 7 pages, double-spaced
- Short one-act plays or scripts: Up to 15 pages including scene setup
These jury-selected works are presented on paper and in intimate readings, like story time for grown-ups. (A nice reminder that sometimes, the most intimate thing you can do is simply listen.)
2013 Literary Art Exhibition Selection Jury
- Terry L. Johnson—Terry Johnson was born and raised in Minnesota and instilled with a strict work ethic that stifled creativity. It wasn’t until late in life that he found his creative energy. He has embraced these new ideas and in 2005 started expressing this new found creativity in abstract painting, writing poetry, stories and plays.He is a founding member of Floating Mountain Poets, a member of the Little Red Studio Poetry Posse. He has been involved with SEAF for 6 years as an art guide, installer, and poet.He was an accepted poet for the 2012 Seattle Erotic Art Festival, is published in the 2012 SEAF Literary Art Anthology and The Little Red Anthology. In December of 2010, he published his first book of poetry “Wanderings of My Mind”. He lives in Kirkland, Washington.
- Rachel Kramer Bussel—Rachel Kramer Bussel (rachelkramerbussel.com) is an author, editor, blogger and event organizer. She has edited over 40 anthologies, including Twice the Pleasure: Bisexual Women’s Erotica, Serving Him, Cheeky Spanking Stories, Going Down, Orgasmic, Women in Lust, and is Best Bondage Erotica and Best Sex Writing series editor. erotic writing workshops at colleges, conferences and sex toy stores, and writes widely about sex, dating, books and pop culture. Visit her at http://lustylady.blogspot.com and follow her @raquelita on Twitter.
- Matthew Nolan—Matthew Nolan is the author of acclaimed books Exhuming Juliet: A New Orleans Poet and Crumpled Paper Dolls. Nolan’s work has been showcased on BBC Radio 5 Live, PBS television series Roadtrip Nation, and in a film documentary on contemporary American poets. The Louisiana Division of the Arts selected Nolan for an innovative professional development program led by world-renowned artists from the prestigious Creative Capital Foundation in New York City. You can learn more about Matthew at his website: http://www.matthewnolan.com
- Kymberlee della Luce—Kymberlee della Luce is a Seattle-based writer, performer and teacher. The full expression of the human spirit is her greatest passion. Igniting and midwifing the creative spark in others brings her as much joy as sharing her own. Some of her favorite words are luscious and juicy and she thinks the world needs more sexing and less texting. Kymberlee is honored and delighted to be a juror at SEAF. You can find her work at kymberleedellaluce.com
- Kerry Cox—Kerry Cox is a Seattle poet who spent 7 years in New Orleans writing and performing poetry. Her poems have been published in Journeys, online whispers & [Shouts], origami condom, On the Cusp and received Honorable Mention in Anthology magazine’s annual poetry contest. She has self-published three books: Rainbow Karma, A Month of Sundays, and Imagined Histories. An aspiring poetry therapist, she has also facilitated several workshops and writing groups using poetry as a healing tool. As a troupe member of Little Red Studio in Seattle, she was responsible for the preparation and production of the poetry set for each show and hosted the weekly open mic. Kerry has also read her original poetry as sacred text for the monthly SoulSong Services at Shoreline Unitarian Universalist Church. She is currently serving as Literary Art Director for the Seattle Erotic Art Festival.
It’s sexy story time for grown-ups.
An anthology of works from the 2012 Literary Art Exhibition is available for purchase via Lulu. Just click the image above to purchase.
An anthology of works from the 2011 Literary Art Exhibition is available for purchase via Lulu. Just click the image above to purchase.
Festival Literary Art Director