More shake-ups for #SEAF2018!
Festival patrons from recent years may recall Rm. 1618 where we offered mini-art lectures and hands-on learning, such as figure drawing and titty-tassel creating. Our Headmistress is taking the year off, so we are doing things a bit differently by creating a Studio. Studios are where artists create art. Enter the Studio and give yourself free reign to create.
Beyond Life Drawing
Rope Art Salon returns Saturday, April 28 from 1:00 to 3:00pm. We provide the model, the rope, and the bondage — you show up with your art supplies! Following the traditional drawing session format, we will move from quick, warm-up sketches into 15-minute long poses, with different positions and ties for each pose.
A note about all Life Drawing sessions
- All drawing sessions are included in the price of admission.
Artists with student ID will be admitted during Gallery Hours at no charge. Gallery hours are noon to 6pm on Saturday and noon to 4pm on Sunday.
- Poses will be range from brief sketches to 20 minutes and are monitored.
- You are welcome to use our paper and pencils, or bring your own.
- Other materials are welcome, but please be kind to our housekeeping crew.
- We have a very accommodating coat check crew. You can leave your things with them when it’s time to explore the art exhibition.
- Photography?? Nope. Our models have not agreed to be photographed, and the festival has no tolerance for consent violations.
Join us for a drop-in style education course on fan-flirting (a Victorian practice of getting some strange on the down-low) with a special fan decorating tutorial offered several times throughout the weekend. Fan-tastic Flirts, by Madame Umbra, is an installation that looks at the fan signals originated by the European courts and refined by the late 19th century societies for flirting within social gatherings.
Learn about the novelty of hand fan signals used for courtship. Create your own flirting accessory to keep cool while in the heat of playful romance. Friday, 8:00-9:30pm; Saturday, 3:00-5:00pm and 11:00pm-12:30am; Sunday, 2:00-4:00pm.
Artist Ronnie Werner will be returning to once again live-sculpt a nude model in the space formerly reserved for Rm. 1618. After an incredibly successful series of sculpting sessions last year, Ronnie is excited to return to create another sculpture before your eyes. This year, Ronnie hopes to have Festival attendees join him in creating art while he sculpts. His lovely model will be set up on a specially made platform so that you get bonus sessions of life drawing on Friday and Saturday nights, 9:00pm to 11pm.